Show simple item record

dc.creatorPowell & Lealand.
dc.date.accessioned2012-02-07T13:52:49Z
dc.date.available2012-02-07T13:52:49Z
dc.date.createdAbout 1848.
dc.date.issued2012-02-07
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/2152.3/462
dc.description.abstractThe instrument, referred to as "Student's Compound Microscope" in Powell & Lealand catalogs, has a cast-iron foot and limb, painted black. It is also called the "iron" microscope. The limb supports the stage and the body-tube. The rack-and-pinion drive is located internally and operated by a brass knob. Signed: Powell & Lealand, London.
dc.language.isoenen_US
dc.relation.ispartofLondon optician Hugh Powell (1799-1883) was already producing microscopes when he formed a partnership with his brother-in-law, Peter H. Lealand. The firm remained a major manufacturer of microscopes throughout the nineteenth century.
dc.subjectBiology
dc.subjectBritish Firms
dc.subjectMicroscopy
dc.subjectOptics
dc.title1.014en_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record